HARTFORD, Connecticut— Wednesday, police in Connecticut arrested a man who is accused of sending more than 100 threatening letters to journalists, judges, public officials, and other people in Connecticut and other places.
Federal authorities said that the 43-year-old Hamden man had been tried, convicted, and sentenced three times before for sending similar threatening letters. In August 2021, he was no longer under “federal supervision” for the last time.
Several of the letters, which were sent through the mail, said, “If you don’t do what this letter says, people in Washington, DC, and everywhere, along with you, will. You’re all going to die!!”
A message was left for a public defender who had worked with the man before. The man went in front of a federal magistrate judge and was given a $100,000 bond.